- May 2, 2020
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
A creative workshop designed for girls to practice being brave, assertive, empowered, and grounded like Mighty Oaks.
Girls today are inundated with messages telling them to be like the willow tree: Pretty. Gentle. Not take up space. This workshop is designed to help change that.
Using the symbol of the oak tree each girl will:
- Practice advocating for herself, for her values, and beliefs through role-play and dramatic enactment.
- Create art to represent her inner strength and confidence.
- Develop strong social skills through fun movement and creative drama activities.
- Practice effective ways to communicate with her fellow oak tree group members through improvisation and mask-making.
- Express feelings and practice ways to problem-solve through creating original scene-work about being a strong oak tree.
The program is led by Brooke Campbell, MA, RDT-BCT, LCAT; Founder and Director of Creative Kinections and The Mighty Oak.
Fee includes art materials, handouts, and certificate. Registration is required.
Venue: Reeves Reed Arboretum
Reeves-Reed Arboretum engages, educates and enriches its visitors so that they become better stewards of nature and the environment. This mission is achieved through the care and utilization of an historic estate and gardens.